First Immersive 360 Underwater Video
This is my first immersive 360 underwater video project. The underwater video was shot in real-time over 360 degrees using multiple synchronized video cameras. The scene was shot near the Dry Tortugas on Oct 19, 2012. Water conditions were not so good, but I was glad to be able to finally test my prototype rig after designing and building it over the last six months. A sincere thanks goes to Mike Muscato for his help and expertise in the fabrication of the housing.
Interacting with 360 Video:
- Use the intuitive control buttons at the bottom of the screen to pan, zoom, etc.
- Grab the ‘cone’ of the compass with the mouse to rotate your view.
- Use your mouse to interactively grab the video and rotate your view.
- Left and Right arrow keys also work for rotating the view.
- Shift and Ctrl keys will zoom you in and out.
- You’ll need Adobe Flash to view the video. HTML5 is not yet capable of doing this kind of thing with video.
I hope to be shooting this 360 rig over the coming months as the weather allows. Please come back soon to see what we are up to with immersive 360 video.